Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Here's to Starting Over

I've decided to start all over with running, so I've gone back to the C25K. Instead of walk breaks, I'm doing slower runs.

For example, as in Week 1:
1 minute speed
90 second slow run (instead of walk)
1 minute speed
90 second slow run
Etc.

Today I did Week 1 Day 1 (W1D1). Here was my initial trek with the C25K W1D1 4+ years ago.

I have to admit it wasn't as rough this time around as it was 4 years ago. I can't say, though, that it's much more fun at this point.

It's incredibly frustrating to be where I was, however slow that may have been, back to where I am now. It's no surprise considering I've been seriously slacking in the running area (all work out areas, to be honest) and only ran around 11 miles this month.

Eleven miles! I've done more than that in ONE RUN before.

Add some weight gain to that.. and, well.. 

*sigh

Anyway, I'm running for Stray Rescue again this year in St. Louis (year #4!) and if you're so inclined to sponsor me (it ALL goes to the doggies!), please do. You can reach my fundraiser here or in the sidebar.

I love the Go! St. Louis Half Marathon. As you recall, it was my first half ever.

One month until my next half. I'm going to be as ready as I can.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...