Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Nebraska Half, 2nd Year

Photo taken by NSM
This half was on RSD30 (the run streak ended last night on day 33) and I don't know if that's why I hurt so bad during this race, but I did.

Non-Stop Mom and I were chauffeured by Muttski (AKA Texas Guy) to Nebraska, leaving home at 12:30 a.m. Fortunately NSM and I got to sleep some on the 4ish hour trip. The race began at 6:30, starting relatively well despite the fact that I had been having some of my relatively usual knee pain which had been joined by a new left hip pain.

(This is part of why the streak ended, evaluation of the new pain.)

The miles seemed to move pretty quickly, until the double digit miles which were beginning to seriously hurt. By a bit after mile 10 I was doubting that I would be able to finish without walking.  By mile 11, I was moving by sheer will alone, and only wanted to cry. Strangely, the miles continued to feel as if they were passing pretty quickly. Slower, but still faster than expected. Thankfully.

Anyway, I finished, beat my 2nd best half time by a whole 23 seconds and last year's NE time by about 27.5 minutes. Pain and all.  This race was 5:03 slower than my half PR.

Afterwards, taking account of everything, I noted left hip, bilateral knee, and lower back pain.

That said, I'm pretty pleased with this race. It is as claimed, "fast and flat".  And I look forward to running it again.


2 comments:

Heather Smith said...

Congrats on your great race! Hope your aches and pains get to feeling better and heal quickly!

Chelle Shock said...

Thanks, Heather!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...