Friday, July 29, 2016

The Race that Ruined it All

On August 2nd, 2014, I ran a Race That Never Happened. This race got into my head so badly, that I blame it for every bad race, or race I've walked in, ever since it happened.

You may have heard that runners are superstitious. Typically, that means clothes, shoes, a good luck charm. I have all those, too. But my stubbornness, my willpower, and my Mojo all took a hit that day that I honestly don't feel I've fully recovered from.

This race is coming up again in about a week. I'm signed up. I'm dreading it. I'm honestly freaked out I can't run the entire thing and will damn myself to another year of poor performance and damaged Mojo.

It sounds melodramatic. I know.

So much depends on this race.

1 comment:

Muttski said...

I have no doubt you cn pull it off. It may not be elegant, or pretty but you'll get it done. In the end, that's all that matters.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...