Wednesday, June 1, 2016

National Running Day Interview

I've been a Sweat Pink Ambassador for a few years, although I haven't been terribly active in it, I'm trying to jump back into the fitness world.

There's a pretty spiffy blog out there in the vast World Wide Web called Jonesin' for a Run which has presented us with 10 questions to answer on this most glorious day. I finally have found the time (and the Mojo) to sit down and answer them.



So here goes:

✧  Why do you run? 
Initially, I started running because I had a doctor tell me I had Patellar Tracking Disorder, a form of runner's knee. At that time, I had never run a mile in my life, ever. Who are my kneecaps to tell me I can't do something? So I did the C25K. And never looked back. Now I run for health (physical AND mental), friendships (runners are some of the best people I've ever met), because I love nature (I'm better at road running, but absolutely love trail running), and because food.
 
✧  How do you plan to celebrate National Running Day?  

By running! Of course! 
 
✧  How many miles have you run so far this year? Do you have a mileage goal for the year?

184ish miles so far this year. My goal for this year is 1,000 (I need to get with it!)

✧  What big events do you have on the race calendar so far this year?

Coming up so far I have various 5 and 10ks, and 2 half marathons I'm signed up for. There will likely be many, many more that I haven't signed up for yet. I'm a junkie. 

✧   Before I leave for a run I must have: 

My Garmin Forerunner 110, a ponytail band, and great shoes.  I like to have music, but it isn't necessary.

✧   Do you track your runs? If so what do you use?

Garmin Forerunner 110. 

✧   Who is your favorite running partner? 

I kinda like Non-Stop Mom, but she has kids and often thinks she has more important things to do than run with me! Yeah, I don't understand it either.

✧   What races have you run so far this year? 

Umm.. 2mi: Stupid Cupid. 5ks: Battle of the Bean, Run2Believe, Emma Creek Classic. 10ks: Not 4 Wimps Trail, Easter Sun Run, Great Plains, Wine-O Trail. Half Marathons: El Dorado Half, Go! St. Louis Half, Prairie Fire Spring Half. 

✧   If you have to give someone one piece of advice about running, what would it be?

Believe it or not, it does get easier. 

✧   Describe your relationship with running in one word:

Sanity.
  

 There you have it!

How will you celebrate National Running Day?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...