Friday, March 4, 2016

50 Miles in February & Challenge Update

I've mentioned before that I'm doing ilovetorun.org challenges.

I signed up at the beginning of the year for the 1,000 Miles 1 Year Challenge and am presently at 77.03 miles. 

Of the 100 Days of Exercise Challenge (which I'm not officially signed up for), I'm at 24/100 completed. Now all exercise can be included in this: elliptical, stair climber, etc. I just count running (and the very occasional walking) in all of these challenges. 

For February, I completed the challenge with 50.4 miles. 

And so far for March I'm at 3.1 miles and am signed up for the 50 for the month. Have a 10k this Sunday.

I'm going to have a 50 mile/month bling for every month. I've completed September. I ordered one for October (but didn't complete, so next year!)

Half Marathon #10 is coming up way too quickly on April 2nd with #11, my beloved St. Louis Half coming up the very next weekend! I've been haphazardly following a training plan with my Sole Sis that we've been hit and miss on, but generally pretty good about. 

I ran 9 miles on February 29th (to squeeze in the last of those damn 50 miles for February! Thanks for the extra day!) in three parts: 5 miles with Non-Stop Mom, then a bit later 4 miles total, broken into two 2 mile runs with about a 10 minute break in between. My running is improving (not speed per se, but it's getting easier again), but I'm still, clearly, not where I was in endurance.. yet. 

The weight lifting thing? Yeah. Not doing it regularly yet, but it IS getting done... slowly. 

As a side note, I've been watching the original X-Files, which I never got into when it first came out, and I've been wondering what the hold up is with Mulder and Scully. They're a perfect match. 

I'm only on Season 3 so far, so if this changes - and it had better - don't tell me. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...