Friday, January 8, 2016

New Year's Update

Eight days in, how's it going? Good, and not so good.

#1. 1,000 miles in 12 months. As I previously said, this averages out to be about 3 miles a day. Well, nope. The first day was 3.03 miles, but that was the only day so far.

#2. January Challenge: 30 Day Run Streak. Um, nope. I made it six days. On day 7 it was pouring rain, cold rain. I still felt like shit (going on 2 weeks now). I didn't go today either. So Days 1-6 achieved, days 7-8 came to a staggering halt. This weekend's weather is supposed to be nasty, so we'll see. AND I still feel like shit.

#3. Veganuary. Score! I got this. I've admittedly been eating store bought vegan food instead of doing a lot of any cooking, but not bad for a start, right? I have been able to go to Chili's and Pizza Hut without much difficulty as well.

So, that's where I stand on Day 8. I'm going to continue the 30 Day Streak OR restart it, I'm not sure yet. Most likely I'll decide to go from where I am and finish out the 30 days and see how I'm feeling then - and possibly continue for a 30 day total. We shall see.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hope you get to feeling better! It's hard to commit to a running streak when you aren't feeling great!!

I have a great idea...you should sign up for a 10k or half-marathon...with the training you will easily make up those miles and more ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...