Thursday, October 29, 2015

It's a Beautiful Day for a Run

It is 51° with a high of 57°. Almost perfect.

And I'm sitting here feeling like shit. I'm starting a new job soon, and two days ago I got the tdap and flu shots, one in each arm. Also, I had a lot of blood drawn to test for antibody titers. A lot of blood. And for the past two days I've felt pretty rough. As a nurse I'll tell you the flu shot doesn't give you the flu, and I suppose I don't really think it does. I do, on the other hand, believe it can make you sick as your body is building the resistance to it. I don't think it's made me "sick" as much as it's made my arm ache, and combined with the tdap (which if you've had a tetanus shot you know these can be a bitch) making my other arm hurt, I just overall feel rough. I also don't particularly believe in the flu shot and don't ever get them unless insisted on by my job, because it's easier than wearing a mask while at work for the next several months.

So I called (actually I texted) in sick to work today at my soon-to-be old job. And I've been sitting/laying here watching Ghost Adventures and writing this post.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...