Saturday, October 31, 2015

I Do What I Want, I Run When I Want

I've been reading links from Facebook today on Runner (namely female runner) Safety, and I've come across a lot of options that I'd like some opinions on if anyone has tried for themselves.

I have NOT tried any of the following, but I am interested in doing so.




1)  Go Guarded "Go Guarded is a heavy-duty plastic serrated-edge weapon that is worn on any finger. It is convenient, effective, comfortable, and always ready. Unlike mace or pepper spray, Go Guarded will not need to be retrieved from a fanny pack, spray back on you, or be knocked out of your hand." 

So, the concept behind this is a ring-type of 'weapon' that you slip on any finger and in the case of an attack, you poke (click the link and go look at this thing) and do some nasty damage to give yourself the time to get away.

Go Guarded comes with sizers, ranging from 7-9.5. Cost is $19.95 with flat shipping rate of $2.85 to the contiguous US.

2) Tiger Lady Self Defense : "Tightening your hand around TigerLady causes three claws to protrude from between your knuckles. To retract the claws, relax your hand."

This is all Wolverinish. Love it.  You slip the TigerLady's strap around your wrist, place this baby in your hand, and you're ready to go. If anyone gives you shit - make a fist and your claws come out.

"Channels on the inside of the retractable claws are designed to capture skin and DNA so you don't need to see your assailant to make a positive ID."

Brilliant, me thinks.  Buy one Self-Defense Claw for $29.00 or get the "Running Grips" Package for $51.00 and carry two of these bad girls. And remind me never to attack you, Sister.

3) Athena : "If a person being attacked presses the button on "Athena," it sends out an alarm the company boasts is "louder than a freight train," while also transmitting an SOS signal that goes out to the cell phones of friends and family."

Athena is but only a dream in the making right now, so please read all about it, and if you love the idea, support it.

Anything else you use? Let me know in comments!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...