Saturday, July 5, 2014

May 31st, 2014 :: Kansas Health Foundation River Run, 10k

You know what, my darlings? Sometimes - very frequently actually - 10ks are far more pleasant to me than 5ks. The first few miles, at least the first and second, are simply brutal for me. I can't pick up speed, I can't breathe right, I hurt. After that, though (and sometimes, it takes up to 4 miles!) I feel like I can run forever. I've heard this before from other runners, and I am here to tell you, it's truth.

The River Run was no different. I began running and my head's like, "what the FUCK?! Six miles to go?!" Yeah.

After awhile, everything blends together and your brain sort of forgets what your body's doing. Notice I said "sort of".. your brain never totally forgets you're insane.

My time was 1:09:12 which is ever so slightly better than my last 10k, but still not as good as my first.

And honestly, I need to blog about these races shortly after them, because they all run together after awhile! I'll do better. Promise.

As usual, my race photos fall into the "We Shall Never Speak Of This Again" category.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...