Saturday, July 5, 2014

June 8th, 2014 :: Princess Prance, 8k

My first 8k ever! You know what this means, yes? It means it's a PERSONAL RECORD regardless of actual time!

My actual time being 55:53 for this one.

And I'm damn happy with that. This was one HOT race. It was held at 4 p.m. in JUNE. An afternoon race in KS in the summer. This race wasn't as big as I had expected it to be, and there were seriously some insane people wearing costumes out there. No, I wasn't one of them.

This race was long and hot and felt as long as hot as it was. It took forEVer to run. I could feel that I was moving quite slowly and I didn't even care, as my only goal after the first three minutes was to not walk and to finish. I thought I was going to melt. I probably looked like I had.

I ran this one with Lisa, and that's always fun!

I tell you, I do it all for the bling.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...