Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Tying it All Together with a Nice L'il Bow

I know you have questions about my activities and utmost interest in how my challenges are going (I say this with only the ever so slightest sarcasm).

First, my 30-Day Challenges suck, but I haven't missed a day and am now on Day 8 of each. Wall sits are still the devil, and planks are starting to feel like his minions. The squats are still not terribly miserable, but I find myself very bored with them. I will continue all three of these challenges through tomorrow (Thursday, Day 9) and then drop off all of them until Monday, where I'll pick them up at Day 10 after my half marathon.

Speaking of the half marathon, um, we probably shouldn't speak of it yet, it'll undoubtedly reduce me to a blubbering, hysterical, neurotic mess. I'm still going to do it... In 3 days.

I signed up just today for a race called Princess Prance for pediatric brain cancer. It's an 8k in June. At 4 p.m., you know, when Kansas weather is the most brutal. I'm surprisingly, really looking forward to it. I find I'm beginning to see a bit of my old excitement when signing up for races. So, yay! AmIright?

Harley Quinn? Yep, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be her for the Superhero race! She's just too... wonderful.

Have I woken up early to work out yet? Are you kidding me? Have we met? I'll mention the half starts at 7:00 a.m. and I have to be there about an hour early. So that won't be a bitch or anything.

In other news, I got a pair of ASICS Kinsei compression socks and plan to wear them for the first time on today's run.

I'm still freaking out about this half marathon. I'm sure, if you read me, you can piece together why, but I'm going to explain it anyway.

The longest I've ever run was 11 miles. Back on *ahem* 4/18/2013. Back then I typically ran 5-7 miles pretty regularly. I slowed way down at the end of last year, but I did run a 10-mile race in November. Another two 5ks after that, and three 5ks on NYE and NYD. Then, a couple 4 mile runs.. and then a 6 week hiatus which ended in March. I've done a few 3 mile runs, a few 1 mile runs, and two more 5ks. And my half is THIS SUNDAY.

So yeah, I'm freaking out. I know I can run a half marathon. There's really no doubt in my mind... I'm just worried about running this half marathon at this time.

Any words of advice? Suggestions? Empathy? ...Pity?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...