Saturday, March 15, 2014

So Where is She Now?

She's working full time at the job mentioned in the previous post and she doesn't miss her nursing home job at all!

She still hasn't been running, but she's planning to go tonight, just a short no expectations run. Keep your fingers crossed that it's fantastic!

She feels better, a bit, about her lost Mojo, and why? Because she got a text this morning from Lisa at One Fit Step that her and Jen from Run Beside Me totally rocked their 5k this morning (that I was supposed to be at) with sub-30s! Jealous, yes! More motivated, absolutely. Plus, she I have what will be my first half marathon in 21 days!

Have I trained? No. Will I? Yes. Will I have to walk part of it? Perhaps. Am I ok with this? Yes.

And THEN, I get to run another half in May with Lisa! After her sub-30 this morning, I doubt I'll keep up, but, I'm looking forward to running with her!

So what's the best way to get back into the swing of things? Well, I actually don't know if it's the best way, but I just signed up for two 10ks. Both after St. Louis. If I can run/walk/crawl a half marathon, then a 10k should be a breeze, especially since I've already done one.

Admittedly, I've been extremely depressed these past few weeks, and I realized that run or don't run, the time will pass anyway - so, I might as well be running, even if I haven't cared about it. It can't hurt, but it may truly help. Right? Indeed.

So here's to being back. 

And I leave you for now, with this:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...