Tuesday, March 4, 2014

So What Happened to the First Half Marathon?

I wasn't ready for the half in Little Rock, but on Friday, Feb. 28th, I went to Expo and picked up my packet anyway, thinking I'd wing it. I had myself all psyched up for it until Saturday. I quit smoking for a whole 26 hours in preparation for the race. Yes, I know I should have quit sooner, but until Friday, I had no serious intention of going since I hadn't been running for so long.
Sunday morning, the morning of the half, enter crappy weather, an argument, and a total internal shot at my self esteem and disappointment.

I feel guilty about not going, feel letdown, feel miserable.

On the bright side, the weather was raining, cold, and sleet in Little Rock.

I left my nursing home job last Wednesday, the day before vacation. It was mutual. Too much bullshit and rumors. I've been wanting out of there for at least the last 4-5 months. I got a part time job at a home health agency in February, and I'm being offered more hours now.

In retrospect, I shouldn't have gone to Arkansas at that time. After the job, the lack of training, weather, everything.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...