Monday, March 17, 2014

Into the Gaping Maw of Nicotine Withdrawal

Have I smoked? Not in 33 hours. And I continue to eat everything in sight. But! I'm making better choices, even if I'm still eating too much. For example, raw almonds? Corn? Tomatoes? A banana? Coffee!! I'll have a sandwich from Jimmy John's for dinner. No meat, all veggies. Only issue is the bread, but I love bread!

Please tell me the food cravings go away with the nicotine cravings?

*sigh

Anyway. I ran 3.16 miles at a 12:23 pace last evening. Am I elated about this time? Ha. No. BUT! I did it. And it didn't suck as bad as the mile the night before. My lungs did hurt, but not quite as bad as before, and  my legs felt pretty good. Good, that is, if you don't count the nasty kneecap pain that I had forgotten hurts so damn bad. But I did it!

And I'm going to run again this evening, planning on only a mile. Easy. Does. It. Yes? Don't worry, I plan to be back to my former rapid distance increasing, irritable kneecapped, pain and adrenaline junkie before long.

Ok, I've had enough of this bullshit optimism for now. No nicotine. One hour at a time.

1 comment:

Grey-Eyed Mom said...

Keep it up, girl! You can do it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...