Monday, March 31, 2014

Hyperventilation, Anxiety, & My Half Marathon Mental Breakdown

Oh.. my... god. The half marathon is in 5 days. FIVE DAYS! The very thought of it is literally giving me fits of anxiety.

What if I can't breathe and hate every single second? What if 5 year olds and grandparents with walkers pass me? What if I'm... last? What if I'm miserable? What if I run too slow and they kick me off the course? What if I puke? What if it's too hot? What if it's too cold? What if my race pictures look like a wounded, drunken animal? And worst yet.. what if I can't run the whole thing?!

Is this normal?

2 comments:

Ashley a.k.a. Sweaty Girl said...

You're completely normal! I'm running my first half in May in and I'm so nervous!

But, I'm even more freaked out by my Spartan Sprint at the end of this month. I'm worried I'm going to get injured.

Paul Seiple said...

What if your picture is taken while five-year olds and old people pass you while you're puking and sweating? Yeah.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...