Saturday, February 8, 2014

Bipolar Mother Nature's Sick Humor, New Job & The Vacation

I haven't been running in two weeks. You read me right. TWO WEEKS. Mother Nature's not very funny these days. Today I was scheduled to do a relay with Lisa, and I totally bailed thanks to the weather, waking up with a headache, and my fear of falling on ice and breaking an ankle before I head to Little Rock at the end of this month..

Which leads me to the vacation. We are heading to Little Rock on February 27th. By "we" I mean me and the Jackass guy I'm dating. My half marathon is on the 2nd of March and I'm entirely unready and riddled with anxiety at the very thought of trying to run 13 miles. But hey, I think I can do it.

We'll be staying the first night in Eureka Springs, and then on to Little Rock where we'll stay the rest of the time. I'm pretty excited about it. It's my first real vacation. Ever. Like, seriously, ever. I'll take lots and lots of pictures.

The new job I'm starting on Tuesday is for a Home Health and Hospice. I'll only be there on Tuesdays and Thursdays, probably day shift. I'll be on call ALL day Tuesday and Thursdays, until 9 a.m. on Wednesdays and Fridays. That has a lot of suckage potential. It'll look spiffy on a resume, though. So I'm giving it a shot.

That's really all the new news I have at this time. My internet is down at home, maybe Mother Nature, maybe AT&T. You're getting this text from the fantastic city of Wichita where I've hijacked the Jackass' computer.

Will post more when I can.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...