Tuesday, January 28, 2014

In Lieu of My Broken Mojo, I Share With You

I share with you something I probably shouldn't know, and therefore, I probably shouldn't share because you shouldn't know.  I'm not certain how to label this post, and it's certainly not for some readers. I posted this on my previous blog and got into a conversation about it last night (where DO these things come from?!) and so now I'm posting it here.

So, an interruption in our regularly scheduled programming, if you will.

Warning: Microscope Enhanced Nudity. If you'd like to read on:




 "I think someone here has a penis-fencing fetish."


Just to quote someone on facebook that I don't know.

But then... I googled it. Um, wow...

"Penis fencing is a mating behavior engaged in by certain species of flatworm, such as Pseudobiceros hancockanus. Species which engage in the practice are hermaphroditic; each individual has both egg-producing ovaries and sperm-producing testes."

Rock on, Wikipedia! Sometimes you frighten me.

So penis-fencing led me to Traumatic Insemination and Sexual Conflict, I must admit, I'm enthralled.

"In bed bugs Cimex lectularius, for example, males initiate mating by climbing onto the female and piercing her abdomen. The male will then directly inject his sperm along with the accessory gland fluids into the female’s blood. As a result, the female will have a distinct melanized scar in the region the male pierced. It was observed that males not only pierce females but also other males and nymphs. The females may suffer detrimental effects which can include blood leaking, wounds, the risk of infection, and the immune system having difficulty fighting off sperm in the blood."

...um..

"Female bed bug mortality rate due to traumatic insemination could be related more to STDs rather than just the open wound."

Again I say, "wow!"

NOW it's talking about Toxic Ejaculation and Spiky Genitals!! In fact the picture you're seeing is the spiky penis of a Bean Weevil. Cool shit, huh?

I gotta tell you, I have no clue what a Bean Weevil is, but I'm entirely in awe of his penis.



Original post, 12/2011

And no judging! kthanx.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...