Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Say Grace Thanksgiving 5k, 7 Mile Road Rash & Vegas Virtual

The Say Grace 5k was the second part of the Double Gobble Challenge, the Turkey Trot 10 Mile being the first.

Say Grace was cold, but not unbearably so. In fact, I actually got a little warm during this one. Lisa made us glittery tutus (I STILL have glitter all over my house!) and Jen brought feather boas and visors (as you'll see in the pictures).

Our goal was a sub-30min 5k. This race totally sucked. And by sucked I mean I don't know how I didn't collapse and/or puke. Also, it was my best time to date at 30:50!

I can only conclude from this that Fatigue + Nausea = Personal Record.

I'm relatively certain that this is going to be my standing PR for awhile considering how difficult 30:50 was for me. 



And considering my latest episode of road rash (see my first here). So I decide to complete the Run the Night in Lights Half-Mini, Virtual of 6.5 miles on Sunday evening. Between mile 2-3 I hit gravel.. again, just like the first time.. and managed to scrape up my right elbow, both palms, and my right knee. When I woke up the next day, my shoulders and left ankle hurt as well. Now, two days later, I'm still sore everywhere.
 
Yes, I know this pic is sideways


Here are my Vegas Virtual bib and medal - that I earned with my battered body:


Next up?  Santa 5k!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...