Awhile back, while stalking running blogs, I ran across this post from Lace & Race and was given the awesome idea of paying myself for every mile I run. This is great! So here are my rules (and I stole a few of Michelle Marie's):
1) I'll pay myself $1 for every mile I run, and will pay myself every
payday, on the day (this varies which days at my job but is
approximately every 2 weeks)
2) I will pay myself $2 for every mile I run BEFORE EIGHT a.m.
3) I will pay myself $3 for every mile I run in a race this year.
4) If I get honked at, cat-called or whistled at, $4.
5) If I stop during a run for a potty break, $5.
6) If I obtain any Battle Wounds during running/biking, $5 per wound.
7) If I puke during or within 20 minutes after a run (which is usually when the nausea hits), $10.
8) I'll pay myself $.25 for every mile I bike - I figure this will add up pretty quick.
If you have any rule suggestions, I'd love to hear them!
I started this plan on 3/11/13, and I'm adding a counter to my sidebar, just to show how much longer I've gotta go!