Thursday, August 15, 2013

Kansas Weather, You Anger Me

Mother Nature, this is coming from a tree hugger: This evening rain ritual you've adopted is growing really tiresome. I've been off work all day. You've had all day to open the floodgate in the sky. You've had all day to flood my car (again). You've had all day to scare my dogs. And you've had all day to throw one of your thunder rumbling, lighting flashing, temper tantrums. But no. You wait until 15 minutes before I plan to go running to do this shit. You do realize I work tomorrow and the next three evenings after that, yes?

Now, I don't mind running in the rain at all. But I do mind running when the risk is substantially upped of becoming a lightning rod or whisked away to Oz. So you force me to do one of two things: Wait this shit out and hope you knock it off by 9:30, or, get my lazy, morning-despising ass out of bed at 5 a.m. and hope it's not pouring then, too.

Think of the hippie runners, bitch.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...