Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thought I Was Bad Ass.. [Week 6 : Day 2]

Since I ran for 25 minutes, once. So I skipped Day 1 of Week 6 because it includes:

5 minute warm-up walk
5 minute run
3 minute walk
8 minute run
5 minute walk
5 minute run
5 minute cool-down walk

Because I'm so bad ass, I don't need to do that petty shit, right? Wrong. I skipped Day 1 and went into Day 2 which is:

2 intervals of 10 minute runs and a 3 minute walk between them (5 minute warm-up/cool-down walks always included)

I thought, "hm. I don't need Day 1, and I don't really need Day 2, because *I* can run for TWENTY-FIVE minutes without stopping so I really should just do Day 3 (a 25 minute run) and call Week 6 good, right?" Nope.

Within the first 3 minutes of today's run I realized this was a bad damned idea. I kept going, though, because the beginning is always the worst. I made it through the first 10 minutes and thought I might die. So I walked for the 3 minutes, and started the second 10 minute run. I was pretty sure I was going to die. I blamed it on the fact that it's terribly windy today. But not even I believe that shit. Truth is, I'm delicate.

Anyway, I completed Day 2 of Week 6. Tomorrow, or the next day (plan says to skip a day between), I'll pick up Day 1 and we'll go from there.

Moral of this story is that no matter how bad ass you think you are, you're probably just a big sissy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...